Are you looking to rent a workshop in London? Our managed workshops at the Goldsmiths’ Centre support jewellers, silversmiths and those in the allied industries to craft and grow their businesses in peace and comfort.
What are the benefits?
If you are a jeweller, silversmith or working in the allied industries, you may be looking for a bigger space to grow your business. Only a 3 minute walk from Farringdon station, we offer a full range of facilities to make sure your work space suits your needs.
Our state-of-the-art workshops extend over three floors and are located in our purpose-built extension. Workshops start from as little as 7m² with the largest at 63m².
As part of our creative community of over 80 resident craftspeople, you will receive the following benefits:
- Blank canvas workshop to set up your own furniture and fittings
- Electricity – including three-phase gas, water, included in the service charge
- Phone and data lines supplied ready for connection with service provider
- 24-hour security so that you can work the hours that suit you, including weekends
- Your own mailbox and postal address registered at the Goldsmiths’ Centre
- The opportunity to seek inspiration, a sounding board, a friendly chat or in-house services from resident craftspeople based just outside your door
- A discount in our on-site café, Bench – a great place to meet clients or get your lunch
- Invites to network with the Goldsmiths’ Centre community and wider industry as part of our membership and through our programmes, which include special previews, private parties, short courses to members’ events.
- The chance to give back through support and training to the next generation of goldsmiths, promoting and sustaining the goldsmiths’ craft
Do I need to meet particular criteria to apply?
Like any business transaction, resident craftspeople contract to the Goldsmiths’ Centre for a specified period. Workshop contracts are typically a five-year lease, subject to terms and conditions. We encourage applications from ambitious jewellers, silversmiths and those working in the allied industries who need a bench or workshop to practice their craft full-time throughout the year.
Anyone renting space at the Goldsmiths’ Centre is contributing financially to our charitable activities. For many resident craftspeople, the fact that their rent is helping the next generation of goldsmiths to get started in their careers is a real incentive to work here.
As part of our community, we expect resident craftspeople to adhere to our “charitable contract”, sharing their specific skills and expertise by:
- teaching on our courses or speaking at events
- providing work placements or work experience for current and potential trainees
- making workshops available for tours and visits by VIPs or press
- providing curatorial support or loaning pieces for our exhibitions or showcases
- sourcing resources, contributing specialist knowledge or writing content
- sharing free services or giving practical assistance
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is the only work space where you get the added benefits of networking, access to industry experts, brand exposure and the guarantee that you will not be hidden in a basement; there is also the chance to give something back to the industry you work in.
How do I apply for a workshop?
All our workshops are currently occupied. However, if you are looking to rent a bench space or hot-desk or require access to a secure meeting room on a flexible basis at the Goldsmiths' Centre, contact us today about Gold Membership by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling in the form below.
Register Interest in our Workshops and Studios
If you would like more information about our workshops and studios, please call 020 7566 7650, email email@example.com or complete this online form. You will then be added to our waiting list and you will be notified and sent an application form via email as soon as a suitable space becomes available.