We believe that talent should not be held back. Here at the Goldsmiths’ Centre, we are open, accessible and inclusive to all. Our Access Grants can help you to build a thriving creative career, supporting you to access our skills training programme for free.
£500 grants to cover the fees for one skills training programme per calendar year
Grant amount available: One course per calendar year of maximum £500 (including VAT)
Applications close: Open all year
Like to know more? Just talk to our team! Call 020 7566 7650 or email email@example.com
What are Access Grants?
Our Access Grants, funded by the Goldsmiths’ Company Charity, ensure that finance is not a barrier to taking part in our business and technical skills courses. As part of our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), the Goldsmiths’ Centre will cover the course fees for individuals who face financial difficulty, with preference given to applicants from groups who are insufficiently represented in educational settings.
You can apply for:
- Fees to cover any business or technical course at the Goldsmiths’ Centre
- one course in one calendar year and up to the maximum value of £500
- all available Goldsmiths' Centre courses that are available 3 months from the date of the application. Please specify three choices.
*Please note that places on our courses and funds available within our Access Grants are limited. Upon successful Grant Application, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to book onto your preferred course if the course has already sold out. We also reserve the right to close the Access Fund if the volume of applications exceeds the budget or opportunities available.
All upcoming fee-paying courses can be found listed on our What’s On page.
“I've had the best day today at the Goldsmiths' Centre on their Introduction to CAD and Rhino course. Super excited to have been awarded their Access Grants which makes professional courses like these more accessible! Jasmin was lovely and patient teacher and I can't wait to see what else we make over the next few sessions.”
Access Grants are currently available to jewellers, silversmiths and people working in the UK precious metal industry who face financial difficulty, evidenced by their eligibility to receive government benefits. Preference is given to groups who are under-supported or under-represented in the industry. These include, but are not limited to:
- Black or minoritised ethnic background (e.g. the Global Majority) including Gypsies, Travellers and Roma.
- Disabled people including physical, mental health, ‘hidden’ and learning disabilities.
- Those from a high Index of Multiple Deprivation area.
- Currently or previously a migrant, refugee, or asylum seeker.
Eligibility for government support:
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit in place of ESA / Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To apply you must be based within (live in the UK) and have a bank account in the exact name that you are applying with.
Step 1: Read these guidelines and ensure you are eligible for the Access Grant.
Step 2: You can apply for the Access Grant via our online application form, hosted online via SurveyMonkey, which can be accessed via any standard web browser on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. The application will need to be completed in one session, which is estimated to take up to 5 minutes.
Got more questions?
To find out more about the application process and the grant itself, read our Application Guidelines and FAQs below: