Presentation, Painting and Ring Design for the Jewellery Industry
- 18 Jun 2020 - 26 Jun 2020 · 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- £299, 4-days (Thu 18, Fri 19, Thu 25 and Fri 26 June 2020)
- Design Space
- Event type
- Link Membership, Student & Apprentice Membership, Tutor & Trainer Membership, Gold Membership
The ring is one of the more complicated designs in the jewellery world. In this four-day presentation, painting and ring design short course (Thu 18, Fri 19, Thu 25 and Fri 26 June 2020), you will be introduced step-by-step how to create to-scale illustrative drawings of rings for client consultation or display purposes.
In this intensive course, multi award-winning designer of jewellery and objet d’art, Jennifer Bloy FRSA FIPG, will introduce you step-by-step to the concepts of ring design and some of the processes needed along the way.
With classes of up to 8 students, you’ll benefit from tailored advice and tuition suited to your needs.
What will I learn?
- Learn how to produce rough sketches of rings
- Understanding the structure of the ring and interpreting its form into a 2 and 3-dimensional image
- Creating your own ring design
- As one of the more complicated designs in the jewellery world, interpreting and understanding the construct of the ring is crucial, prior to rendering. If time permits, your design may become a rendered image
Who is this course designed for?
- Intermediate: Some practical experience and basic understanding of the listed skill required
Who is the tutor?
Jennifer Bloy FRSA FIPG is a freelance multi award-winning designer of jewellery and object d’art specialising in hand painted presentation designs and technical drawings. She has created pieces for Royalty and rock stars and is as happy designing an engagement ring as designing gold binoculars. Her work ranges from pieces of fashion jewellery made for a few pounds to exclusive gifts retailing for many thousands. Jennifer is a Fellow of the Institute of Professional Goldsmiths (IPG) and is on the Goldsmiths’ Craft and Design Council. She is currently lecturing in design on the Foundation Programme at the Goldsmiths’ Centre.