Instagram: How to Convert Your Followers into Customers
- 05 Apr 2019 · 9:30AM - 4:30PM
- £99 (includes lunch)
- Agas Harding Conference Room
- Event type
How do you make social media work for your business? In this one-day workshop tailored to jewellers and silversmiths, social media consultant and trainer Alison Battisby will show you how to create and implement an effective strategy for your brand on Instagram and Facebook.
Social Media is now used by more than 83% of the UK adult population, which makes it an essential tool for businesses that sell direct to the consumer. Instagram is a great way to engage customers and tell your story and increasingly used by consumers to discover new talent and brands.
Instagram in particular is a great way to engage new customers and tell your story, and Goldsmiths’ Company research found that Fine Jewellery consumers increasingly use it to discover new designers and their work.
What will I learn?
This workshop has been designed for jewellers and silversmiths who sell direct to consumers, and it focuses on Instagram and Facebook. It will include group and individual exercises focused around your own business and, if you are brave enough, a chance to review your own social media profile with the group!
Key topics include:
- Setting meaningful objectives for your social media business presence
- Profiling your target audience
- Making your Instagram and Facebook profiles more discoverable for potential visitors
- How to set up an Instagram shop
- Best practice on Instagram stories
- How to communicate effectively and ‘find your voice’
- Content creation strategies including tips for photo and video editing
- Goldsmiths’ Company research results – what content will work best for consumers of Fine Jewellery and Contemporary Silver
- Working with influencers and growing your community
- Using the built-in Instagram and Facebook analytical tools
- How to create and run an effective social media advertising campaign
What do I need to bring with me?
- A working smartphone, tablet or laptop with internet or wifi connection
- Details of at least one Instagram or Facebook account and the ability to log in to it
Is lunch included?
A light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price - a great way to network with like-minded people.
Who is this course designed for?
Beginner/Intermediate – suitable for people with no previous social media training, but who are current users of Instagram or Facebook. You need to have a working business account on one of these platforms – business accounts have different features to personal accounts. The course does not feature social media platforms other than Facebook and Instagram.
Who is the tutor?
Alison Battisby is a digital marketing instructor and social media expert with over 10 years experience. Founder and Managing Director of Avocado Social, Alison is an accredited She Means Business Facebook trainer, and has provided training and consultancy for a number of high profile brands including Estee Lauder, Interflora, Tesco, John Lewis and the BBC, as well as countless small and growing businesses.
The Goldsmiths’ Centre has been working with Alison to apply her knowledge and experience to our industry, and this course includes insights from the Goldsmiths’ Company research programme into consumers of Fine Jewellery and Contemporary Silver. Alison recently delivered a social media seminar for our Getting Started programme to 30 start-up jewellers and silversmiths.