Creative Links: The Symbolism and Meaning of Diamonds
- 06 Oct 2020 · 6:00PM - 7:00PM
- Pay what you can: £5 or £10
- Online (GMT)
- Event type
In this talk Lisa Levinson will explore what diamonds have meant to people and communities across geographies and times, socially and economically.
She will explain how they have been valued and the meanings attributed to them. Learn about their discovery and marketing, and why they have come to symbolise love. Discover the stories behind these gemstones. There will be an opportunity to ask questions after the talk.
Who is the speaker?
Lisa Levinson is a Head of Marketing and Communications UK for the Diamond Producers Association. She started out working with rough diamonds in South Africa, moving to De Beers Group in London and Botswana, and launching Forevermark in Britain. With a strong belief that diamonds matter to people and communities, she feels a responsibility to share their stories.
What is the format for the evening?
- This event will be run through Zoom.
- You will receive a link to join the seminar in an email one week before the date of the seminar. A reminder email containing this link will also be sent one hour before the event starts.
- The talk will last approximately 30 minutes, after which participants will be invited to post questions to the speakers.
- Please check your email junk folder if you do not receive a ticket confirmation email or email us at email@example.com
What is your Buyer Policy?
For information on the Goldsmiths' Centre's Buyer Policy, including refunds, please follow this link