Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest update
Last updated: 9.09.2020
Since opening our doors in 2012, we have welcomed visitors and the trade to the Goldsmiths’ Centre – and we remain open for business.
We continue to monitor government advice on COVID-19 and we will keep updating our safety procedures to ensure that we take extra care.
Ticketed events and short courses
Most our events and courses are now available online. You will be able to attend in short courses at the Goldsmiths’ Centre from October 2020. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Goldsmiths’ Centre with extra care and have put together guidelines of what you can expect.
If you have booked onto an onsite short course or event until Friday 31 July 2020, our team has rescheduled or, where necessary, reimbursed activities. Please be assured that we will communicate with you in good time about any upcoming rescheduling or cancellations.
Visitors to our commercial workshops
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is home to over 80 resident craftspeople. Visitors by appointment can access our workshops from Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm. Our café and public toilets remain closed until further notice.
As a visitor to the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s commercial workshops, you will need to check the opening times and availability of the service ahead of your visit. Please do take a look at our online directory at www.goldsmiths-centre.org/community/our-craftspeople to find their contact details and if not listed, email us at email@example.com or call 020 7566 7650.
When you enter the building, you will be asked to follow these steps:
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, do not come to the Goldsmiths’ Centre. Stay at home.
- Make an appointment with the commercial workshop before you visit.
- Wear a face covering or mask when entering and moving around the building, and where physical distancing is not possible.
- Wait for a member of staff at our reception or security window maintaining 1m physical distance.
- Sanitise your hands before accepting an access pass from our reception or security.
- A one-way system is in place at the automatic barriers, so please follow the signage so you know which turnstile to use to enter and exit.
- The lift is restricted to 2 people at a time, with possible further measures to clean the buttons or other means of preventing contact. Please use the staircase as an alternative.
- No public toilets are in use on the ground floor.
If you would like to commission a piece from any of our makers, please do take a look at our online directory or online shop at www.goldsmiths-shop-talent.org
Visitors to our Bench Café
Our café is now open from Monday to Friday (8am – 3.30pm) for takeaway drinks and food.
When you enter the building, we have put these steps in place to keep you safe:
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, please do not visit the Bench café. Stay at home and come back for your favourite takeaway coffee when you’re feeling better.
- Want to take a seat? We’re initially reopening for takeaway purchases only. Please note that there will be no seated service available.
- Let’s all wear a face covering or mask when entering and moving around the café. And don’t worry our staff will be wearing masks too.
- Need a quick bite to eat? Please wait for your takeaway order maintaining 2m physical distance with those queuing in front and behind you.
- Card only payments will be accepted in our café, so please bring your debit or credit card.
- Cleanliness comes first! Our team will make sure that all surfaces and utensils are cleaned regularly and thoroughly to keep everyone safe. All foods are prepared pre-packed, ready to takeaway.
- We’re sorry, but no public toilets are in use on the ground floor.
We've reopened our doors to the Goldsmiths' Centre with extra care. You can now hold meetings of up to 30 people confidently in our bright and expansive Exhibition Room and Agas Harding Conference Room, whilst keeping safe.
The Goldsmiths' Centre team
Our team is still available to contact as normal. We are here to listen to your needs and offer support, where we can, during COVID-19 and beyond through our digital channels where possible.
Please do not hesitate to email any staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7566 7650 with any questions or suggestions as to how we can continue to support our community at this time. They will pass on your message to the correct staff member.