Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest update
Last updated: 19.07.2021
The Goldsmiths’ Centre remains open for business. However, the welfare of our visitors, learners, resident craftspeople and staff must always come first.
In light of the Government's announcement to lift restrictions from Monday 19 July 2021, the Goldsmiths' Centre will be remaining cautious and recommends continuing to respect people's personal space.
Many of our adult educational programmes are available online and technical skills short courses are being held on-site.
Visitors to our commercial workshops
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is home to over 80 resident craftspeople. Visitors by appointment only can access our workshops from Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm.
As a visitor to the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s commercial workshops, you will need to check the opening times and availability of the service ahead of your visit. Please do take a look at our Online Directory to find their contact details and if not listed, email us at email@example.com or call 020 7566 7650.
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, do not come to the Goldsmiths’ Centre. Stay at home.
- Make an appointment with the commercial workshop before you visit.
When you enter the building, you will be asked to follow these steps:
- Wear a face covering or mask in communal areas and circulation spaces.
- Wait for a member of staff at our security window maintaining 1m physical distance.
- You will need to wait in reception for the person you are meeting so they can accompany you to their workshop.
- A one-way system is in place at the automatic barriers, so please follow the signage so you know which turnstile to use to enter and exit.
- The lift is restricted to 2 people at a time, with possible further measures to clean the buttons or other means of preventing contact. Please use the staircase as an alternative.
If you would like to purchase or commission a piece from any of our makers, please do take a look at our online directory or online shop Goldsmiths' Shop Talent
Ticketed events and short courses
Many of our events and courses are now available online. Our on-site delivery of technical skills short courses are taking place.
Please be assured that we have put all safety measures in place to welcome those attending out short courses on-site with extra care.
Visitors to our Bench Café
Our café, Bench, is now open.
For the latest café opening times, please visit www.goldsmiths-centre.org/bench-london/visit-us
Following the recent Government roadmap to move to step 4 from 19 July 2021, meetings and events are able to take place with no restrictions, whilst managing the risks of COVID-19 through continued caution.
Our venue continues to follow guidance and welcomes our guests to take a cautious approach to enjoy an event in our bright and design-led spaces. Please visit our Venue Hire page and get in touch with our events team for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7566 7699.
The Goldsmiths' Centre team
Our team is still available to contact as normal. We are here to listen to your needs and offer support, where we can through our digital channels where possible.
Please do not hesitate to email any staff member or email email@example.com or call on 020 7566 7650 with any questions or suggestions. They will pass on your message to the correct staff member.