Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest update
Last updated: 14.05.2020
Since opening our doors in 2012, we have welcomed visitors and the trade to the Goldsmiths’ Centre – and we remain open for business. However, the welfare of our visitors, learners, tenants and staff must always come first.
We have rescheduled our courses and annual education programmes; and are taking other measures designed to ensure that the Goldsmiths’ Centre can continue to function in these challenging times.
We will continue to monitor government advice on COVID-19 and we will issue an announcement as soon as we plan to reopen.
Visitors to our commercial workshops
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is home to over 80 resident craftspeople. Following the Government’s latest announcement in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on manufacturing services, we will be easing the lockdown of our building and opening up our on-site commercial workshops. Visitors by appointment only will be able to access these workshops from Monday 18 May 2020. The rest of our building, including our café, remains closed until further notice.
As a visitor to the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s commercial workshops, you will need to check the opening times and availability of the service ahead of your visit. Please do take a look at our online directory at www.goldsmiths-centre.org/community/our-craftspeople to find their contact details and if not listed, email us at email@example.com or call 020 7566 7650.
When you enter the building, you will be asked to:
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, do not come to the Goldsmiths’ Centre. Stay at home.
- Make an appointment with the commercial workshop before you visit.
- Wait for a member of staff at our security window maintaining 2m social distance. Our main open reception will remain closed.
- Hand sanitisation is available at reception. Please do make use of this when entering the building.
- Wait in a designated area until you have been collected by the workshop owner, who must accompany you to and from the workshop maintaining a 2m distance.
- A one-way system is in place at the automatic barriers, so please follow the signage so you know which turnstile to use to enter and exit.
- The lift is restricted to 2 people at a time, with possible further measures to clean the buttons or other means of preventing contact. Please use the staircase as an alternative.
- No public toilets are in use on the ground floor.
If you would like to commission a piece from any of our makers, please do take a look at our online directory or online shop at www.goldsmiths-shop-talent.org
Ticketed events and short courses
If you have booked onto a short course or event until Sunday 31 May 2020, our team has rescheduled or, where necessary, reimbursed activities. Please be assured that we will communicate with you in good time about any upcoming rescheduling or cancellations for June 2020.
If you have booked an event at the Goldsmiths’ Centre for the period until Sunday 31 May 2020, please get in touch with the events team for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7566 7699
The Goldsmiths' Centre team
Our team is still available to contact as normal. We are here to listen to your needs and offer support, where we can, during COVID-19 and beyond through our digital channels where possible.
Please do not hesitate to email any staff member or email email@example.com or call on 020 7566 7650 with any questions or suggestions as to how we can continue to support our community at this time. They will pass on your message to the correct staff member.