Your Contract With Us
Tenants renting workshops and studios in the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s stunning working environment not only benefit from high quality space and facilities, they are also part of a supportive and vibrant creative community.
Like any business transaction, tenants contract to the Goldsmiths’ Centre for a specified period.
Workshops contracts are for a five-year lease with three-year break clause, subject to terms and conditions; studio tenants are contracted on the basis of a one year licence, renewable annually, subject to terms and conditions.
Anyone renting space at the Goldsmiths’ Centre is contributing financially to our charitable activities and, for many tenants, the fact that their rent is helping aspiring jewellers, silversmiths and goldsmiths get started in their careers is a real incentive to work here. See a full list of our resident craftspeople in our Goldsmiths' Centre Directory.
As part of our community, we also expect tenants to adhere to our ‘charitable contract’; sharing their specific skills and expertise by:
- teaching on our courses or speaking at events
- providing work placements or work experience for current and potential trainees
- making workshops available for the Goldsmiths’ Centre tours
- providing curatorial support or loaning pieces for Goldsmiths’ Centre exhibitions or showcases
- sourcing resources, contributing specialist knowledge or writing content for Goldsmiths’ Centre communications
- Sharing free service or giving practical assistance
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is the only jewellery workspace where you get the added benefits of networking, access to industry experts, brand exposure and the guarantee that you won’t be hidden in a basement; there's also the chance to give something back to the industry you work in.