Selling Skills - How To Sell Fine Jewellery & Contemporary Silver Face-To-Face
- 10 Oct 2018 - 11 Oct 2018 · 06:00PM - 09:00PM
- Creative Base
- Event type
In this two-day evening course, improve your sales technique and boost your confidence to sell more effectively with experienced jewellery retail and sales trainer Zoe Cooper.
In our industry, Selling Events are a key sales channel for most designers and makers – from a Christmas pop-up in a shopping centre to Goldsmiths’ Fair – there are lots of opportunities over the course of each year. But many of us feel uncomfortable and lack confidence in these situations and wish we could sell more effectively.
Our Selling Skills course has been designed with this in mind. It will not only boost your confidence, it will also improve your sales technique, through a series of written, spoken and practical exercises, focused around your own work and story. If you have no previous sales training, this is the ideal course for you!
What will I learn?
In this two-day evening course, designed by jewellery retail sales trainer Zoe Cooper and the Goldsmiths’ Centre, you will learn:
Day 1, how to recognise and manage the 5 stages of a sales conversation by:
- Creating a positive first impression with potential customers
- Getting to know them and their needs
- Presenting your work effectively
- Managing the customer’s buying decision
- Leaving a positive lasting impression
Day 2, how to develop a deeper understanding of how to present your work, and what messages to use in your sales conversations (and your wider marketing) by:
- Considering various aspects of your work and practice to ‘find’ your unique story – what makes you and your work special
- Developing a concise version of your story to use in sales conversations, private views, or interviews with journalists
- Using your own pieces as a focus for the story, and learning how to use different ingredients of your story for different pieces in your range, or for different types of customer
Guided by an experienced jewellery retail sales trainer and supported by consumer research undertaken by the Goldsmiths’ Company, this hands-on course will teach you the theory and help you put it into practise, through a series of role plays and personal coaching focussed around your own work and story. The role plays will include formal selling environments with work on display in cabinets, and less formal environments where work is on open display on tables or shelves.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Two pieces of your own work (preferably contrasting pieces, e.g. from different collections)
- A willingness to participate in group exercises and have some fun in the process!
Who is this course designed for?
Beginner – this course is suitable for people with no previous sales training, or who want a refresher.
Suitable for - this course has been designed for Fine Jewellery or Contemporary Silver designers and makers who sell their work direct to the public in face-to-face situations e.g. at Fairs, Selling Events or Pop-ups.
Who is the tutor?
Zoe Cooper has over 15 years’ experience in designing and delivering sales and leadership training, specifically for the luxury retail industry. With a strong understanding of the modern luxury world, Zoe has delivered courses internationally supporting clients such as
- Alexander McQueen
- Stella McCartney
- Dover St Market
This course has also been designed with industry insight from Jon East who has been a Business Tutor at the Goldsmiths Centre for five years, and who undertakes consumer research for the Goldsmiths’ Company.