Precision Polishing Jewellery and Silverware - November 2017 - SOLD OUT
02-Nov-17 to 03-Nov-17Opening Hours:
9.30am – 4.30pm, £299Event Over
Apply for ticket
The course is suitable for students with jewellery or silversmithing skills, but also those wishing to extend their knowledge from other disciplines such as designers or sculptors.
Key topics covered:
- Health and Safety related issues
- How to prepare for the best results
- Hand polishing & burnishing
- Use of abrasives, sand, composition & the various tools that are used such as leather, felt, brushes & various grades calico mops
- Finishes such as, bright, matt & textured surfaces with the standard buffing method
- Barrel polishing
- Looking after polished silver
A 3.5% booking fee applies on all bookings and credit card transactions. Please note that we cannot provide refunds or exchanges.
You can also book via phone or at the reception desk at the Goldsmiths' Centre (EC1M 5AD). Please call 020 7566 7650 or email email@example.com to book or for more information.
What to bring:
- multiple items of your own work for discussion and to use as examples to polish.
- designs (CAD, hand sketches or presentation drawn) of your pieces to understand the requirements for polishing the piece
- polishing machines and all other materials are provided by the Goldsmiths’ Centre over the 2 days
Stephen M Goldsmith is an expert Master Polisher with over 45 years’experience in the Jewellery Trade. He is a fellow of the Institute of Professional Goldsmiths and has worked at Asprey & Garrard the Crown Jewellers, The Tower of London Jewel House and the Royal Mint. He has polished and restored many famous pieces such as the Wimbledon Cup and currently works for various clients such as a celebrity Jeweller Theo Fennell. He is an experienced tutor teaching internationally and across the UK.
Can't make this session? Then sign up to the next slot here.
Cancellations: The Goldsmiths’ Centre’s events and short courses are constantly updated and, while we endeavour to deliver our programme as advertised, there may inevitably be occasions where we have to change content without prior notice or, in exceptional circumstances, to cancel an event. In the case of a course cancellation delegates will be offered a full refund.