The Goldsmiths’ Centre is an independent charity set up by the Goldsmiths’ Company in 2007.
Being a charity means we’re more than just a training provider, workplace or events and exhibitions venue.
We have a charitable mission: ‘to advance, maintain and develop art, craft, design, and artisan skills including (but not exclusively) those related to goldsmithing.’
This mission, and our values; creativity, craftsmanship and community, are part of everything we do, to ensure that goldsmithing makes a valuable contribution to our society now and for future generations.
- Our vocational training prepares young people for the world of work and helps them into skilled employment
- We give trainees and experienced professionals the chance to develop their skills in an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome – not just the craft and industry
- Through our courses, events and exhibitions, the Centre offers everyone an insight into the work of a goldsmith or jeweller to increase interest in and support for the industry, and promote greater understanding of what it really means to work as a skilled craftsperson
- As a charity, our workshop and studio rents, event hire income and the money people spend in our café all go back into our work to sustain and support the goldsmiths’ craft. We have Community Interest Company status and our commercial income all feeds back into our charitable activities
- It’s not just about money. Our tenants and supporters all contribute their skills, time, energy and expertise to make the Goldsmiths’ Centre an inclusive community where anyone can learn, meet, work and relax
You can play a part too - to find out how please click through to the Play a Part page in the left hand navigation.