About The Centre
The Goldsmiths' Centre is a visionary new development for the
jewellery and silversmithing industries and their allied trades,
the local community and the general public - a unique space in
which to learn, work and relax.
It offers fully-equipped training workshops and design studios,
managed workspace, conference and exhibition space and a café that
is open to the public. The Centre's mission is to support
creativity, craftsmanship and community with an emphasis upon the
craft of the goldsmith or 'worker in precious metal'.
Key Information about the Goldsmiths' Centre:
- A privately funded £17.5 million investment by the Goldsmiths'
Company in partnership with the London Development Agency
- Seven years in the making from conception to completion
- The building is a redevelopment of an 1872 London Board
School, maintaining its educational use as a purpose built
specialist training facility
- Fully BREAMM compliant and designed to be energy efficient and
sustainable the development boasts excellent 'green'
- 23 workspaces including 9 starter studios
- Conference and meeting rooms available to hire
- 1,450 ft² gallery space
- Café - open to the public, local residents, businesses and the